Sr. Principal Engineer Quality
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you interested in expanding your career while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented SW Quality Engineer 4 to join our team in Huntsville, AL.
The selected candidate will perform the following:
- Leads the software quality activities for the Software IPT
- Represents quality team for all software activities
- Develops and implements program quality plans and procedures
- Ensures that performance and quality software products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on software quality discrepancies related to the product being delivered
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions, dispositions and modifications.
- Participates in software reviews to include design reviews, defect reviews and code reviews
- Participates in milestone reviews
- Participates in test witnessing to include: monitoring / witnessing preparations for test events and sign-off on final test reports, surveillance of I&T labs and testing
- Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM fieldfrom an Accredited University
- 9+ years of industry experience within one or more areas: quality, auditing, manufacturing, engineering and/or software-related field.
- Holds Interim Secret or Active Secret DOD Secret Security Clearance. (US Citizenship required.)
- Agile software development experience
- ISO 9001, T9001B, and/or AS9100 trained auditor
- Advanced Excel skills
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top