Sr. Principal Engineer Planning Analyst
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for an Engineer Planning Analyst to support the Mission Assurance organization.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent programs and proposals.
Responsibilities for Mission Assurance include, but are not limited to:
- Sector POC for Mission Assurance proposal development, Request for Estimate (RFE) and Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM).
- Sector POC for Mission Assurance in development of program budget controls and accountability
- Develop standard Basis Of Estimate (BOE) across NGAS Divisions
- Establish standard reporting and tracking of program budget, Estimate At Complete (EAC) and resource plans
- Collaborate with Pricing & Estimating, Business management to Develop, update, and maintain Cost Estimating Factors (CEF) to be used for proposal and EAC development
- Coordination of Major Proposals & ROMs for Division and Corp review/approval. Ensure use of current CEFs to develop estimates and provide adequate funding
- Develop and coordinate program resource reviews
- Ensure Mission Assurance cost and schedule drivers, risk, opportunities and issues are clearly identified and disseminated
- Utilize lessons learned across the Sector to establish best practices for program business and proposal activities
- Clearly document and articulate program Estimate To Complete (ETC) and Estimate At Complete (EAC) and baseline budget
- Coordination, collaboration with Programs, Tech Disciplines and the Business community to ensure affordability and accountability of estimating and budgets
- Proposal Website maintenance, updates and links to artifacts, CCOM, proposal guidance
- Maintain and utilize SUPP and Ship Codes in CATs time keeping for reporting Mission Assurance cost
- Ability to perform detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendations to solve problems
- Ability to create presentation content and present to various levels of leadership
- Ability to effectively work with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/Project Manager
- A background in Business Operations and Cost and Schedule Management
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of Business Management, Proposals and Estimates, and/or EVMS OR Master's degree with 8 years of Business Management, Proposals and Estimates, and/or EVMS experience.
- Working knowledge of Mission Assurance statement of work throughout the lifecycle of the program, including but not limited to Design and Development, Supplier Quality, Software Quality and Production Quality.
- Master's degree in Business Management, Finance, and/or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server 2010/2013
- Knowledge with Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees, management, and executive leadership .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top