Sr Principal Engineer, Mission Assurance
- Van Nuys, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Leads quality / Mission Assurance activities in support of early stage program activities. Works as a member of an integrated product team (IPT) to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and subcontractor representatives, as required, to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to the IPT in review of various activities, including ensuring compliance with contract requirements and internal procedures.
Qualified candidates must work as part of a team, demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, possess the ability to plan ahead and be customer-support focused. Individuals must also have demonstrated ability to evaluate whether documents, instructions and procedures are being followed during execution.
• Mission Assurance lead for early stage program activities such as proposals, requirements development, specification and drawing release, and design reviews.
• Interpret customer technical and mission assurance requirements to ensure these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings
• Represent Mission Assurance at Requirements Reviews, Design Reviews, Readiness Reviews, etc
• Develops, implements, reviews, and monitors program quality plans and procedures
• Reviews design, specifications, and plans against contractual and process requirements
• Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of mission assurance policies and procedures as they relate to development programs
• Engage with suppliers, as needed, to help improve processes and ensure quality of delivered products.
• Performs internal audits and assessments to company/program requirements and industry standards
• Investigates problems and documents corrective actions for recurring discrepancies
• Recommends preventative/corrective actions, dispositions and modifications
• Other duties, as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM field from an Accredited University
• 9+ years of industry experience within one or more areas: Quality, auditing, manufacturing, engineering and/or software-related field
• Experience working in an engineering development environment
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Tools
• Active Secret DoD Security Clearance or the ability to obtain (US Citizenship required)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration for level 3 and level 4 positions:
• AS9100 trained auditor and/or experience
• Advance understanding of specific CMMI and ISO9001/AS9100 standards that will impact program performance
• Advanced Microsoft Office Tools skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top