Sr. Principal Engineer Mechanical, Specialty Liaison Engineer
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Engineer Mechanical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in a remote, undesignated location, so frequent travel is to be expected.
Candidate will research, plan, design and develop mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. He/She will apply research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- BS in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 9+ years of engineering experience OR MS in a STEM discipline and 7+ years of engineering experience
- Experience working in both an air vehicle production and test environment
- Experience with Aviation Subsystems design in one of the following: Fuel, Hydraulics, ECS, Thermal Dynamics & Electrical Power Generation
- Current Active DOD Secret clearance with an investigation date within the last 5 years AND the ability to obtain special program access (PAR)
- Master of Science in a STEM discipline and 7+ years of experience in an Aerospace flight test environment
- Ph.D in a STEM discipline and 5+ years of experience in an Aerospace flight test environment
- Active, In-Scope Top Secret DoD Clearance
- Experience with daily briefings of flight test status
- Familiarity with Project Planning and scheduling, cost control and change control
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top