Sr. Principal Engineer Mechanical
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission orientedSr. Principal Engineer Mechanicallocated in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including the following:
With minimal direction, and while mentoring/leading others, apply engineering principles to drive the timely planning and execution of mechanical integration and test, including but not limited to the following types of assignments:
- Read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, plans, and requirements documents
- Develop/ author test products (plans, flows, schedules) and detailed work instructions to implement and comply with requirements
- Interact across engineering disciplines to clarify requirements and understand and address limitations, constraints, potential conflicts, and safety considerations
- Interact across organizations to coordinate readiness for task execution including facilities, personnel, non-flight hardware/ equipment, flight hardware, configuration
- Drive sharing and incorporation of lessons learned, including any changes to governing documents
- Provide mechanical test engineering support to the factory floor for clarification, troubleshooting, work procedure modification, post-test critique, break-of-configuration, and review and evaluation of test data
- Support problem resolution, paperwork closeout, and requirements verification
- Assess impacts of possible requirement and/ or schedule changes
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other test engineers
- Minimum 9 years of experience working with test procedures and Bachelors of Science in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline.OrMinimum 7 years of experience working with test procedures and Masters of Science in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline.
- Experience with one or more of the following: test planning, test integration, work instruction generation, test execution, and/or floor support.
- Experience supporting one or more of the following: mechanical design, test, structures, stress, ground support equipment, or manufacturing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineer preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills.
- Leadership and/or mentorship experience
- Experience with Spacecraft subsystems including: electrical boxes, harnesses, actuators, antennas, mechanical structures, deployable systems, propulsion systems, thermal control systems/ thermal insulation
- Experience with Spacecraft integration & test activities including: crane operations, transportation, vibration testing, acoustic testing, deployment testing, alignments, launch site planning and support
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to both complex technical and complex logistics problems
- Active SCI/SSBI security clearance
- Previous experience using CAPE, Solumina, Catia v5, and operating to NGAS D55302 practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top