Sr. Principal Engineer Material Process
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr.Parts, Materials & Processes Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will analyze, research, develop and implement materials and their related fabrication and application processes to the needs of the Northrop Grumman Aerospace System programs.
- Develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems.
- Apply principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications and fabrication and assembly processes.
- Develop, analyze and apply material properties and design allowables, engineering processes and quality engineering specifications.
- Material analysis and failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition of requirements and specifications.
- Review and approval of subcontractor material processing procedures and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals. May interface/serve as liaison to subcontractors.
- Review and approval of supplier and vendor material processing procedures and products. May interface/serve as liaison to suppliers and vendors.
- Aid with knowledge transfer and mentoring of junior engineers
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- 9 years of PM&P experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 7 years of PM&P experience in an aerospace environment
- Materials and Process, Special Processes (including composite fabrication and test, coatings, structural bonding, NDT), Analytical Analysis (SEM/EDX, FTIR), Engineering experience
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Clearance
- Master's degree in Material Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Composite, Metallurgical, and Contamination Control experience
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and collaborate with all levels of employees, customers and leadership.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top