Sr Principal Engineer Loads Control/DAS SME
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Engineer Loads Control/DAS SME.
The Specialty Test Team in Palmdale Ca. is looking for qualified Senior-level Instrumentation Engineers to join our diverse team. The SST performs all structural testing, both static and fatigue. Ranging from component level to full scale article on both R&D and flight hardware.
The ideal candidate will apply their electrical, mechanical, and computer skills while utilizing complex, state of the art, load control and data acquisition systems to control 100's of load actuators while acquiring feedback /data from 1000's of sensors. Qualified individuals will collaborate with various disciplines and all levels of personnel throughout all phases of Structural Testing, IE: Test Planning, Hardware and Instrumentation design, procurement and or manufacturing, Test Set-up, Test Execution, Data Reduction and Test Report Preparation and presentation.
The ideal candidate must be a motivated, driven individual with excellent communication skills, capable of working with minimal direction and little to no supervision. Candidate must have strong analytical / troubleshooting skills. Candidate must be willing and able to lead and mentor less experienced engineers.
• Setup, Program, Operate, and maintain LCS and DAS
• Plan and arrange for the equipment required for testing.
• Interpret Test Requirements and Co-Author and publish Test Procedures.
• Participate in Test Ready Reviews
• Program Stepper Motors
• Participate in post-test data evaluation, problem identification, and resolutions.
• Proficient with MicroSoft Office tools, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Visual Basic
• Have a thorough understanding of Wheatstone Bridge based sensors
• 2D drawings in AutoCAD
• Bachelor's Degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years related experience or Master's Degree in a (STEM) discipline with 7 years experience
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• 9 years direct hands-on experience with test, measurement & control engineering applications
• Experience with structures testing, LCS and DAQ systems
• Experience in mechanical assembly & test, analog electronics, transducers, strain gage design & installation experience
• Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top