Sr Principal Engineer Embedded S/W
- Roy, UT
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for electrical engineers, computer engineers and computer scientists to work with embedded computer systems based on Hill AFB, UT.
Responsibilities to include:
- Researches, designs, develops, and tests a variety of embedded electronic equipment and systems
- Establish embedded systems requirements and subsequently design and develop embedded hardware and software systems with accompanying integration testing
- Performing trade studies, document embedded system architectures, analyze system performance
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and have the ability to work in collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 9 years of related experience including embedded systems experience (microprocessor based) with a Bachelor's degree (7 years with a Master's degree)
- Demonstrated experience with embedded firmware development in C/C++ using microcontrollers and SoCs
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- PCLD, FPGA, PLC or other hardware logic development
- Hardware Description Language (such as VHLD or Verilog)
- PCB design using a CAD tools (such as OrCAD, Altium, or Eagle)
- Electronic circuit analysis using Lab-View, PSpice, or Multisim
- Embedded systems troubleshooting and test using standard lab equipment (Logic analyzers, O-Scopes, and multi-meters)
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Knowledge and/or application of general electrical, computer or software engineering principles, theories and concepts
- Knowledge or experience with system level testing methodologies
- Familiarity with designing, building, integrating and testing embedded system microcontroller circuits and devices
- Understanding of microcontroller and microprocessor fundamentals
- Basic experience with FPGAs, ASICs and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment
- Familiarity with process/procedure development and generation of hardware and software system specifications
- Demonstrated performance, leadership and customer support
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and verbal presentations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top