Sr. Principal Engineer Electrical Nuclear Hardening & Survivability
- Chandler, AZ
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is searching for experienced Sr. Principal Engineer Electrical Nuclear Hardening & Survivability to join Launch Vehicles business unit in Chandler, AZ.
- Primary focus is on standing up electrical test setups which support evaluation of circuit performance of various circuit types while they are exposed to radiation environments (prompt dose rate, total ionizing dose, neutron displacement damage, neutron induced upset, single event effects)
- Leads and executes the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation during Radiation Effects testing. This requires the candidate to establish a thorough knowledge of the operation of the circuit and its use in the system application, using that insight to assure testing is conducted in a manner consistent with its use in flight.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills
- Experience with circuit and/or system level design or test required
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines desired
- Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
- Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and develops evaluation criteria for evaluating complex systems.
- Develops Test Procedures and Performs Functional Testing on electronic hardware for radiation testing.
- Communication - Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline and 9 years of Engineering experience Or 7 years engineering experience with a Master's Degree; Or 4 years of engineering experience with a PHD;
- Minimum of 4 years of Electronic Hardware Testing experience
- U.S Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain an DoD Secret Security Clearance is required
- Ability to travel 5% is required
- Excellent writing skills
- Spacecraft and/or launch vehicle experience highly desired
- Secret Clearance is highly desired
- Software experience
Back to top