Sr. Principal Engineer Electri
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes. Job Summary
Serve as a professional authority in an engineering discipline or specialty area. Collaborate in preliminary and advanced design studies and prepare portions of engineering proposals. Conceive and develop solutions to design and test problems/failures that program(s) experience. Aid in establishing system's philosophy and design objectives. Write portions of complex specifications and engineering reports as a result of advance studies, special engineering investigations, and design criteria for general applications. May lead subsystem design team within project to include technical, cost and schedule responsibility.
May also oversee system supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Master of company electrical engineering technical standards. Provides input/Maintains these to include all lessons learned.
Determines direction of and assignments for review as well as leads, prepares and presents electrical engineering materials during Requirements and Design Reviews and other formal program reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - Uses independent advanced knowledge and ideas to guide the development and implementation of technical solutions to highly complex problems for large projects.
- Liaison - Consistently takes the lead in involving other employees and in promoting a spirit of mutual support.
Anticipates internal and external customer needs and finds innovative ways to provide for those needs.
Disciplined with escalation when required
Ability to effectively delineate appropriate technical position and willingness to stand alone in defending it while at same time evaluating opposing views for applicability.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis.
Leads and directs the testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete subsystem analytical models or actual subsystem implementation. Knows how to troubleshoot system behavior.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Perform risk analysis on design, analyses, and planned activities.
- Analysis and Design - Demonstrates and applies technical expertise in several aspects of electrical engineering.
Analyze and interpret trade study results and provide recommendations for component or system level designs.
Leads the creation of and manages changes to electrical component or system designs or analytical models under self direction using established guidelines.
- Peer Review/Oversight - Provides formal peer review of complex engineering subsystem designs or analyses.
- Business Development -Prepares subsystem technical proposal.
- Involvement in national or international engineering association.
Requires BS in Engineering & 10 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years or PhD in Engineering & 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top