Sr. Principal Engineer Digital
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking the next Sr. Principal Engineer Digital. This selected candidate will oversee the execution of design and development of subcontracted hardware. These disciplines will include mixed signal, digital, and production.The position is based in Redondo Beach, CA
The person selected for this role will perform as the STM (Subcontracts Technical Manager) . This typically includes supporting SOW/RFP development, FFQ response, proposal review and source selection, evaluating cost/schedule/technical performance of the subcontractor, supporting weekly meetings with vendor, reviewing and acceptance of SDRLs, supporting management/mitigation of impacts due to cost/schedule/technical variances, and providing timely inputs to support risk reduction liens.
Other tasks include:
- Provide subcontract status to program regarding cost, schedule and technical performance including timely adjustments to planning and risk management as necessary, regular technical briefings, weekly schedule status, QBD maintenance (as req'd), Earned Value (EV) metrics reporting, weekly and monthly variance reporting
- Provide timely closure to action items and trades as they arise
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution and 9 years of experience in electrical board, unit design or subcontract management of electronics hardware; or 7 years experience with a STEM Masters degree; or 4 years of experience with a STEM PhD. degree
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in hardware design/development or production
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years
- 7 years of experience developing Electronics for military or spacecraft applications
- Digital or Mixed signal unit, slice, board, and/or ASIC/FPGA design and development experience
- Experience with subcontract management
- Master's or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other Engineering field from an accredited institution
- Hands-on knowledge of programmatic/CAM processes, project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, EVMS, staffing, coordination and oversight of technical work effort
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to manage engineers and technicians in a process driven environment
- Experience in program execution and demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) across all levels of the organization
- Active Government Clearance (S/TS)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top