Sr Principal Engineer Circuit Design (Power & Control)
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Senior Principal Engineer Circuit Design (Power and Control) to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities range from designing, analyzing, and testing high-reliability DC to DC switch mode power converters and drive electronics for space and airborne platforms. The ideal candidate will be working through all phases of the development process ranging from bid proposals to product qualification and delivery.
- Develop power and control electronics architectures and generate requirement
- Conduct circuit design, analysis, and simulations
- Perform Hardware testing and validation
- Provide manufacturing test support on deliverable hardware
Unique ID: elepay
South Bay Job
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment; or a STEM Master's degree and 7+ years of engineering experience; or a STEM PhD. degree and 4+ years of engineering experience
- Experience in designing and testing analog and power circuits
- Proficiency with PSpice and MathCAD
- Knowledge of control systems and feedback theory
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI/SCI security clearance
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Control Systems or Communications and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
- Experience with planar magnetics, hi-density mechanical packaging, and thermal control techniques for aerospace environments
- Experience with requirements development, system integration, and flight/production test activities
- Experience with mixed signal and control electronics designs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top