Sr Principal Engineer Circuit Design - FDS Integration and Test (I&T) Lead
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Ground Systems Development Department (part of Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector) in Redondo Beach, CA is seeking a talented Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer to lead the Integration and Test (I&T) of complex electronic ground units into the FDS Subsystem for the MMA Program.
This role is responsible for leading the integration and test of Ground Element RF & Digital hardware at the factory as well as delivery and sell-off at customer sites both domestic and internationally. The FDS Subsystem I&T Lead role is expected to interface with Ground Element Hardware Designers and Hardware Management, Systems Engineering, Customer and Stakeholders. Delivery and sell-off includes travel to different off-site locations and directly interfacing with Customer and Site Stakeholders. This role is includes the responsibility of solving challenging technical issues, coordinating stakeholder approval, and implementing the appropriate solutions. The candidate will lead a multidisciplinary team of 8-12 engineers, provide schedule and cost feedback as well as brief the Ground Element HW management team.
Candidate with strong communication, leadership, strategic thinking, effective execution, and team building skills are preferred.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience with:
- Leading a team of different skillsets or backgrounds
- Design, integration, and test of Digital and Analog/RF circuits
- Electronic drawers/units
- Small to large electronic subsystems
- Subsystem design, development, test planning, test execution, sell-off, and post-delivery support for multiple off-site locations
- Solving challenging critical digital and RF subsystem design decisions to meet requirements across all delivery variants
- Performing Acceptance Testing for Mission Assurance, Customers, and Technical Representatives
- Developing and presenting subsystem internal design reviews, test readiness reviews, and End Item Data Package review and sell-off to internal and external customers
- Reporting schedule and earned value metrics to program leadership
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- STEM Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 9+ years of experience in an Electrical Engineering environment; or 7+ years of experience with a STEM Master's degree; or 4+ years of experience with a STEM PhD. degree
- Experience with Cost and Schedule reporting including schedule planning, earned value and variance reporting
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances: •Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
•OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
•OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Technical leadership and employee development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting technical content to customers
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
- Strong Experience/Expertise in RF and/or high speed digital electronics
- Previous experience with I&T activities
- Previous I&T leadership experience
Back to top