Sr. Principal Engineer Agile Coach
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
Through the role of an Agile Team Coach, the selected candidate will lead teams in their adoption of Agile practices. The selected candidate will work with teams to gather requirements and best practices to help establish team level Lean Agile engineering and management principles and processes to support a range of teams from software intensive systems to hardware and embedded systems. Understanding the Northrop Grumman Agile Framework is essential along with the responsibility to help grow and mature this NG branded capability. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving standard agile methodologies, policies, and procedures for an Agile, iterative solution lifecycle, from an executable architecture, concept development, iterative design, production, delivery, deployment, and maintenance. The selected candidate will participate with the NGMS Agile Center of Excellence as it defines objectives, strategies, and governance for NGMS software and digital technology development and become a supporting member of the Agile Community of Practice providing input into plans and provide status on coaching and training as requested. The selected candidate may be requested to provide open enrollment training and backfill other team level coaching engagements on an as needed basis and engage with the other NG Agile coaches to continue to strengthen their skills and experiences.
This position is open for Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, Huntsville, and California.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Lead the efforts of developing Lean Agile engineering and management best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
- Conduct Scrum team training, product backlog and retrospective workshops, Lean Agile development workshops.
- Analyze and articulate complex subject matter via white papers and presentations, enabling the ease of comprehension by customers and all stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) and 9 years of broad technical experience, with concentration in the design, development, integration, implementation, and operations of complex large-scale information systems and technologies or (MS and 7 years; or PhD and 4 years)
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Practitioner, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, or similar.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Agile experience leading teams
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret level clearance
- 3 years Agile experience leading teams
- Experience giving tutorials and/or training
- Experience with transitioning teams from waterfall to agile methods and practices
- Certification in one or more of these designations is desired: Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum at Scale Practitioner, Certified Agile Coach, Certified facilitator, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Project Management Professional (PMP).
- End-to-end Agile Engineering practices including value stream or Scrum or Extreme programming.
- Effective communicator, capable of effectively translating and presenting complex concepts to both technical and nontechnical management and customers, through presentations and written media
- Significant experience with systems engineering discipline, to include proven practical experience in the following: Requirements interpretation, definition and allocation and Risk identification and mitigation
- Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within DoD or Federal government environments
- Security Clearance (Secret)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top