Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer: Command and Data Handling (CDH) Systems for Space Lunar Missions
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of the Lunar Missions at Northrop Grumman. Join an organization working to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024 and develop the next steps toward human space missions to Mars through our human habitat in cislunar space. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit!
Northrop Grumman's Tactical Space Systems is seeking a motivated candidate that will fill the position of Command and Data Handling (CDH) Electrical Systems Engineer for Lunar Missions. This position supports the program/project staff in the analysis, investigation and resolution of engineering electrical systems problems, subsystem requirements development, tasking, and schedule management as required by the program. In this role you will also, interact with internal staff and customer base, provide direction as appropriate to design or technician staff, report status, and participate in internal and external design reviews. Depending on assignment, you may task other technical team members
• Develop subsystem requirements
• Develop cost estimates for proposals and programs as required
• Develop and manage schedule and resources as required by the program/project
• Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team
• Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable at the avionics digital and analog telemetry level
• Analyze and interpret requirements at the space vehicle level and flows down requirements to lower level specifications
• Evaluate and coordinate electrical system designs to ensure system-level requirements are met
• Provide documentation and make technical presentations as required
• Develop space vehicle level interface designs
• Provide technical coordination of vendors and suppliers
• Represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects
• Analyze and design avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles
• Other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering and 9 years of experience in FPGA design, or a Master's Degree and 7 years of experience in FPGA design, or a PhD with 4 years of experience in FPGA design
• Experience with creating and tracking schedules using project tracking tools such as Microsoft project
• Experience with EVMS and creating variance reports.
• Experience leading teams of engineers managing resources and schedules
• Experience with requirements tracking tool such as DOORS
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top