Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer
Serve as a professional authority in an engineering discipline or specialty area. Collaborate in preliminary and advanced design studies and prepare portions of engineering proposals. Conceive and develop solutions to design and test problems/failures that program(s) experience. Aid in establishing system's philosophy and design objectives. Write portions of complex specifications and engineering reports as a result of advance studies, special engineering investigations, and design criteria for general applications. May lead subsystem design team within project to include technical, cost and schedule responsibility.
May also oversee system supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
- Master of company electrical engineering technical standards. Provides input/Maintains these to include all lessons learned.
- Extensive technical expertise and expert knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Determines direction of and assignments for review as well as leads, prepares and presents electrical engineering materials during Requirements and Design Reviews and other formal program reviews.
- Uses independent advanced knowledge and ideas to guide the development and implementation of technical solutions to highly complex problems for large projects.
- Applies advanced engineering principles to develop new designs for large or complex projects.
- Consistently takes the lead in involving other employees and in promoting a spirit of mutual support.
- Encourages others' participation and success; helps keep team on track.
- Anticipates internal and external customer needs and finds innovative ways to provide for those needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required
- Ability to effectively delineate appropriate technical position and willingness to stand alone in defending it while at same time evaluating opposing views for applicability.
- Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
- Analyze project requirements and develop detailed planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis.
- Leads and directs the testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete subsystem analytical models or actual subsystem implementation. Knows how to troubleshoot system behavior.
- Perform risk analysis on design, analyses, and planned activities.
- Apply principles of uncertainty quantification to owned program, product, and planned activity.
- Demonstrates and applies technical expertise in several aspects of electrical engineering.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in a specialty area, or acts as a program team lead.
- Analyze and interpret trade study results and provide recommendations for component or system level designs.
- Leads the creation of and manages changes to electrical component or system designs or analytical models under self direction using established guidelines.
- Provides formal peer review of complex engineering subsystem designs or analyses.
- Business Development -Prepares subsystem technical proposal.
- Involvement in national or international engineering association.
- BS in Engineering & 10 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years or PhD in Engineering & 5 years.
- Active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top