Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sr.Principal Electrical Engineer to provide talent to ourDefense Electronics Systems (DES)group inNorthridge, CA.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts Analog, Power and Digital designs and evaluations of engineering design concepts.
- Define, analyze, and review systems requirements and develop strategies for integration of new hardware into existing system architecture
- Experience in developing electrical loads analysis and design of electrical power distribution systems
- Experiencing in defining and/or modifying existing electrical interfaces between subsystems
- Perform systems integration and test of new electronics
- Able to collaborate with systems engineers, software engineers, and hardware engineers in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- Write test plans and test cases
- Conduct system-level testing
- Conduct verification and validation (V&V) testing
- Proven hands on design experience of board level and system level products.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships are a must.
- Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with some direction.
- Innovated thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and out of the box ideas.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 9 years with BS; 7 years with MS; 4 years with PhD of experience in Analog, Power and Digital product design and development.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance, TS clearance desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top