Sr. Principal Digital Product Technical Lead
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a technical leader for the development of digital subsystems and products. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a leading global supplier of secure software-defined mission systems. The Digital Technology and Secure Processing department develops products and subsystems that range in size from advanced node ASICs to multi-chassis processing and control products. Producing technical solutions that deliver advanced operational capabilities on schedule and under budget is the mission that each of our teams are formed to accomplish. This position is for a Technical Leader that will design and develop advanced digital subsystems used in radar, electronic warfare and other sensor and processing applications. The ideal candidate has a track record of outstanding individual technical performance and demonstrated ability to lead a multi-discipline team.
The selected candidate will perform technical oversight for the design, development and integration & test of digital subsystems, ASIC, FPGA, single board computers and other digital board products. Responsibilities include architecture of the technical solution, partitioning the solution into components/products, specifying the implementation, analyzing environmental and manufacturing constraints, assisting the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead with technical team leadership, process & compliance, technology management, risk management, schedule development, vendor selection and management. They will also be required to interface with internal and external customers and suppliers in this position. This candidate must have good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good oral and written presentation skills. This candidate must have a desire to learn, and take on significant challenges.
Digital Tech Lead Typical Responsibilities:
• Lead and direct engineering teams during proposal, design, manufacturing, and integration & test of digital subsystems and products
• Support proposal development and new program acquisition efforts
• Interpret & influence higher level system requirements
• Interpret statements of work assigned by program leadership
• Conduct & brief technical trade studies
• Document technical specifications for internal and external development teams
• Verify and validate subsystem development complies with allocated requirements
• Engage suppliers and subcontractors to ensure technical, cost and schedule compliance
• Brief internal and customer leadership on progress of work assigned
• Evaluate and mitigate technical risk of system requirements and implementations
The selected candidates will perform in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings. The selected candidates are expected to be self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or STEM-related discipline with 9+ years of relevant experience (7+ with Masters, 4+ with PhD)
- 5+ years of related experienced to include project management/IPT leadership, to include 4+ years leading a digital design team.
- Digital subsystem, ASIC, FPGA and/or digital board development experience and knowledge
- Candidate must have good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good oral and written presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain secret (or higher) level security clearance
- Experience as Technical lead or other similar leadership role with demonstrated team building, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading or managing engineering teams
- Fluency with developing and executing technical development plans
- Basic understanding of the Design, Manufacturing, and Test process
- Problem-solving experience in a team environment
- Active and current Top Secret government clearance a plus
- Digital design and Digital requirements development experience Demonstrated the ability to convert requirements to a detailed design document - Deep technical skills covering subsystem (box/LRU level), ASIC, FPGA and/or board design
- Embedded networking or high speed protocols experience (GBE, PCIe, Interlaken, Infiniband, etc.)
- Interest in mentoring/teaching/growing junior engineers -
- Some signal processing familiarity
- Experience with advanced node ASIC technologies
- Experience with scripting languages such as TCL, Python or Perl - Integration of a system containing digital hardware, software and firmware
- Vendor interface for subcontracted development tasks, including developing and review of SOWs
- Ability to multi-task and apply good time management
Back to top