Sr Principal DevSecOps Developer/Engineer / Active Secret Clearance
- McLean, VA
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
The Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Senior DevSecOps Developer to perform the following:
- Be responsible for designing, maintaining, executing and updating the DevSecOps software pipeline and software factory that is utilized across all software teams.
- Provide coaching, technical direction, and facilitation of the implementation of a fully DevSecOps pipeline.
- Lead the strategy and execution of DevSecOps implementation under agile processes including support at scrum meetings, technical backlog reviews and software customer engagements.
- Provide leadership direction and support to the Enterprise Services team.
- Develop, monitor and support Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline and utilize all tools to support software development.
- Define, Monitor and Lead software implementation procedures to include static code analysis, unit-level testing and documentation in support of software development.
- Support Integrated Product Team (IPT) software and firmware development across the United States as the senior software leader responsible for compliant software delivery.
- Be responsible for identifying and mitigating software defects related to the DevSecOps environment via root cause analysis and solution development across the GBSD software teams.
- Provide highly innovative solutions to unusually complex technical problems.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of related, relevant experience; Master's degree and 7 years of related, relevant experience; a PhD and 4 years of experience.
- Experience in definition, implementation and execution of large DevSecOps tools and tool suites (JIRA, Confluence, GIT, etc.).
- Experience in software development (C/C++, real-time processors, Java, etc.).
- Leadership of large, engineering teams across multiple geographic locations.
- U.S. Citizenship with an active, DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience in large-scale agile software development.
- Expertise in the full software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency in AGILE or C/C++ and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance required.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Familiarity with a structured process driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required.
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure communications, logging, SW deployment) is preferred.
- Experience with Git products.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including unit and integration testing.
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification.
- Active DoD Security Clearance at the SAP/SCI level or above.
- Have a superior understanding of software tools, automated software development environments, and digital environment operating systems and assets.
- Have a superior understanding of Agile software development principles and lessons learned.
- Have a strong understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and associate principles.
- Have experience working on Agile teams in a leadership position across multiple teams.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top