Sr Principal DevOps Engineer
- Annapolis Junction, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Are you making an impact? Are you supporting a mission that saves lives? Protects our most prized assets responsible for our National Security? That protects our FREEDOM? We at Northrop Grumman are building on our long standing heritage in the area of foundational intelligence across the entire enterprise. We work side by side with our customers solving highly complex problems that you'll not find anywhere else in the world. We make investments in cutting edge technologies and are industry leaders in world class research and development as we partner with the government to build next generation capabilities that shape the future of TechSIGINT Revitalization. Will you join us as we relentlessly pursue impacting the greatest mission on earth: Protecting our FREEDOM!
This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging
• Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
• Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, staging, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
• Set-up up new sites and applications via configuration management such as Puppet and Ansible
• Maintain / upgrade / patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence / Jira)
• Create, Assist, and Implement design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
• Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements
• Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
• Communicate effectively to help bridge stakeholder and development requirements
• Assist with support and operations where necessary
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
• Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java
• Proficient with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering methodologies.
• Proficient automating network infrastructure configuration using Software Defined Networking
• Ability to have a holistic view of service development and deployment architecture
• Understanding of SLA requirements and role of high availability architectures, performance optimization, and monitoring techniques
• Act in the capacity to support deployment and operations when necessary
• Set up and configure a continuous integration environment by leveraging Configuration Management, containerization, serverless technologies, and Kubernetes.
• Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo), and infrastructure automation (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, ansible, etc.)
• Experience working cross functionally across multiple teams
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i.e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience (excludes education experience such as Bachelor's or Master's degree in relevant field).
• Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux environments (RHEL 6/7/8, RHCSA/RHCE, CentOS)
• Must be fluent with Git
• Experience with Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance.
• 10+ years of system architecture required with a demonstrated ability to read the code and understand the coding logic to assist in troubleshooting
• Fluent skills in object oriented programming and experience in at least one programming language, such as Ruby, C, C++, GO, Python, or Java.
Security Requirements: TS/SCI w/Polygraph Clearance required
• Experience with caching technologies (Memcache, Active MQ, Redis, APC, etc.)
• Experience with MySQL (Clusters, Replication, and Tuning) and Elasticsearch (Kibana a plus)
• Experience integrating Jenkins/Bamboo, Docker, and Kuberenetes for automated deployment preferred
• Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance, etc.
• Familiarity with software development life cycle models, Agile, and DevOps programming methodologies.
• 10+ years' experience managing/monitoring AWS cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
• Experience working cross functionally across multiple teams.
• Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support staff
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top