Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer with TS/SCI w/Polygraph
- Annapolis Junction, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. Every day, we design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars. Our employees engage in questioning, problem solving, designing and building our way toward Defining Possible. Defining Possible tells the story of a company leading the way. It's an ethos that is future-driving and optimistic. It is a rallying cry and a uniting call. It is a shared purpose for our employees and a promise to our customers that we'll rise to any challenge.
If you are looking for a challenging and dynamic work environment with access to experts in virtually every field, culture that focuses on supporting employees and opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, Northrop is the right place for you.
At Northrop Grumman, you will have access to a wealth of training and mentoring resources to include: technical courses, certifications, boot camps, tuition assistance, and specialized training programs tailored to meet the demands of our customers and advance your career. Northrop Grumman is a Top 50 Diversity Employer ranking #1 for veterans and people with disabilities in 2019 and also received the Gold Award for Military Friendly companies in 2020. For more information on the benefits of Northrop Grumman click on the link below:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Cyber Systems Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Annapolis Junction, MD. Our systems development teams support a wide range of systems and programs using DevOps and Agile best practices.
As a Cyber Systems Engineer you will support the development, integration, operations & maintenance, and continuous enhancement of large Cloud-based systems. Full Systems Development Life Cycle and Agile best practices are followed with an emphasis on efficient, continuously improving processes, detailed documentation, and security compliance. Work may be done independently or as part of a team.
Educational / Years of experience required:
• BS Degree in a STEM field is required. An additional 4 years of experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted in lieu of degree.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• Experience with Agile development teams and participating in Scrum sessions.
• 9+ years of Experience performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of software products to include technical and user communications, requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conduct system requirements reviews, and perform technical/nontechnical assessment and management, as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
• Strong communications (verbal and written) and leadership skills.
Security Clearance Required:
• TS/SCI with Polygraph
Willingness to Support/Learn:
• Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale systems.
• Tools such as NiFi and Trackstar.
• Understanding of SIGINT data flows and data formats.
• Continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices.
• Developing technical documentation for issues and/or training.
• Participating/Leading Agile and/or spiral development models.
• COTS and GOTS product integration from multiple vendors
• Distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
• Implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
• Optimizing storage, retrieval, back-up, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage and retrieval systems.
• Developing and deploying storage within clustered or cloud environments.
• Technical certifications including Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure), Systems Engineering (e.g. CSEP), Cyber Security (e.g. Security+), RHEL/Linux+
• Technical contributions to proposal sections.
• Internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or HBase/Accumulo BIG TABLE.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top