Sr Principal Cyber Software Engineer - TS/SCI w/poly required
- Annapolis Junction, MD
In today's conflicts, a new battlefield is arising - one where traditional systems aren't the only ones targeted. At Northrop Grumman, we create unrivaled, full-spectrum cyber solutions to actively combat these threats. Our offensive and defensive capabilities act as powerful deterrents, while built-in resiliency hardens systems so that when attacked, they're protected. That's why we're a leader in end-to-end Cyber for the modern world. We're seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Software Engineer who wants to join our team on this cyber battlefield. The position will be located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The Sr. Principal Cyber Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing- intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
• Bachelor's degree and nine years of professional software development experience. Four years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Must have the ability to serve as a Team Lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
• Must have experience developing software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, and data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
• Active TS/SCI with poly clearance
• One (1) year demonstrated experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work experience with OpenSource (NoSQL) products such as Hbase /Accumulo, Big Table, et cetera.
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software component
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top