Sr. Principal Cyber Software Engineer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Experience in performing research and development of software designed to exploit cyber vulnerabilities, algorithm development, script writing and software utility development, use of multiple programming languages (including C, C++, Python, Java, Ja'aScript, Bash/Boume/C Shell, and assembly), analysis and reverse engineering of source code, software integration and testing technical writing and documentation, and lifecycle maintenance of software programs
- Relevant experience designing, developing, or implementing Cyber software capabilities related to at least one of the following:
- Provide new functional capabilities and improve existing Cyberspace Operations
- Perform reverse engineering of software components and systems to support vulnerability and exploitation analysis.
- Perform rapid prototyping may also be expected to meet time critical requirements.
- Provide C/C++ software development of modules that manipulate pointers, memory structures, and registers using low-level embedded systems techniques. Some of these techniques include but are not limited to, pointer arithmetic, casting variables to or from structures or arrays, common C preprocessor directives, bit masking, bit shifting for powers of 2, event-driven or state-driven programming, error logging, and exception handling.
- Knowledge and experience in the fundamental concepts in Internet Protocol (IP) networking and the protocols associated with it. The Contractor shall possess the ability to analyze network IP protocols to search for vulnerabilities or provide solutions to research and development problems. Must be able to develop software using sockets and other network programming concepts to enable communication between software modules.
- Knowledge and experience in computer systems architecture concepts and operating systems internals that include address space layout, program stack, heap, system calls, task scheduling, interrupt or exception handling, device drivers, inter-process.
- Experience working within the Intelligence Community, USCYBERCOM, or its Cyber Service components and the information processing systems in use at Fort Meade, Maryland, as well as experience with Computer Network Defense (CND), Computer Network Operations (CNO) and tool development including Vulnerability Analysis, Intrusion Detection, Malware Analysis, Windows Internals, Systems Integrity, Incident Response, Network Pack Inspection, Vulnerability Assessment and associated tool development.
- Relevant software development experience (including Testing, Build Systems, IDEs, Debuggers, Version Control), ability to understand and debug existing code as related to the following:
- Software analysis, architecture, engineering, and integration services at the unit, module, and system levels. Must be able to perform all aspects of software engineering support required to implement Cyberspace Operations capabilities. Must be able to adhere to open standards and modem software development methodologies.
- Detailed experience with Software Develop, and information technology Operations (DevOps) using Agile software practices.
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience
- TS/SCI clearance with a counterintelligence polygraph.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top