Sr. Principal Cyber Protection
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Protection professional to join our growing team of diverse professionals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This position will support projects related to cybersecurity evaluations for aircraft and ground support systems by researching and documenting system interfaces, identifying potential vulnerabilities, and recommending mitigation options. The selected candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Sustainment Engineering and Technical Center (SETC).
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers. Our diverse work environment is comprised of nearly equal parts multidisciplinary engineers and other technical experts. Team members interact will interact with external Government customers and civil partners on a regular basis.
- Researches and analyzes classified reporting to identify current and emerging threat trends, and works with intelligence community partners to produce and offer classified threat intelligence products and briefings to internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Provides system vulnerability testing using commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and government off-the-shelf (GOTS) based tools, and generates security finding reports. Must be able to build NIST 800-53 and CNSS 1253 security control test cases.
- Provides cyber threat intelligence collection & correlation in coordination with a cyber-threat team.
- Determines scope of potential intrusions identifying the initial point of access or source.
- Recommends remediation activities to secure the source or initial point of access of intrusion.
- Provides executive level cyber security strategic recommendations along with security engineering recommendations and custom solutions to counter adversarial activity
- Conducts network or software vulnerability assessments and penetration testing utilizing reverse engineering techniques.
- Performs vulnerability analysis and exploitation of applications, operating systems or networks.
- Identifies intrusion or incident path and method. Isolates, blocks or removes threat access.
- Evaluates system security configurations.
- Performs analysis of complex software systems to determine both functionality and intent of software systems.
- Resolves highly complex malware and intrusion issues.
- Contributes to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations.
- Must have one of the following:
- High school diploma / GED with a minimum of 13 years of related technical experience
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related technical experience
- Master's degree in a STEM discipline with a minimum of 7 years of related technical experience
- PhD in a STEM discipline with a minimum of 4 years of related technical experience
- Must have an active U.S. Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must be able to work on site in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Certification in one of the following (Security+, Network+, VA CSP, CISSP, C|EH)
- Previous work experience in cyber threat analysis, vulnerabilities, and threat mitigation.
- Previous work experience in aircraft flight and mission systems.
- Experience with Air Force customers and aerospace industry and military standards
- Experience reviewing and developing cyber threat indicators and drafting threat warnings/briefings.
- Served in some capacity as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development.
- Apply current computer science technologies and IA requirements to the analysis, design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer/communication systems and networks to maintain an acceptable system security posture throughout the lifecycle of multiple national level mission systems
- Knowledge in Multi-level Security/Cross Domain systems and operations with special requirements such as Program Protection, Anti-Tamper, Red/Black Separation and OPSEC are assets
- Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software
- Experience in the management and maintenance of systems required to satisfy the Certification and Accreditation requirements under the NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, DCID 6/3, and the CNSS 1253 is highly desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top