Sr Principal Cyber Info Systems Security Analyst
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... Northrop Grumman is seeking a highly-qualified lead level Cyber Information Systems Security Analyst (ISSM) to join the Information Security team in Palmdale, CA. The Cyber Security organization has overall responsibility for providing information security oversight to all Northrop Grumman classified systems under their respective purview.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6-3), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
The selected candidate should be familiar with assessing the implementation of technical controls on authorizing systems through the continuous monitoring process. Where new information systems are required by internal customers, the selected candidate will be responsible to work with technical control subject matter experts to create an authorization package for submittal to the relevant authorizing customer.
- PhD with 4 years of experience; OR a Master's degree with 7 years of experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with 9 years of experience; OR an Associate's degree with 11 years of experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 13 years of experience is required
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAM level III security certification (examples: CISM, GSLC, or CISSP); OR must be able to obtain and maintain one within 6 months of start date
- Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level security clearance with an original adjudication date, or a periodic reinvestigation, completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs as a condition of continued employment
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in Cyber Security, a current CISSP, and 8 years of ISSM/ISSO experience executing RMF assessments in a DCSA and/or SAP PSO cognizant classified environment
- Knowledge of RMF, ACAS, NESSUS, SPLUNK, SCAP, POA&Ms, NIST, DIACAP, NISPOM, system audits, vulnerability scanning, and DCSA and/or JSIG system security package development are highly desirable
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance with SAP/SAR access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top