Sr Principal Cyber Incident Analyst Responder
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Sr Principal Cyber Incident Analyst Responder position will be located in Arlington, VA.
This Principal Cyber Incident Analyst Responder position requires out-of-town-travel up to 30% with durations of up to two weeks.
* Perform analysis on hosts running on a variety of platforms and operating systems, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, Mac Operating System (OS), UNIX, Linux, as well as embedded systems and mainframes.
* Monitor open source channels (e.g. vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, SysAdmin, Audit, Network, Security (SANS) Institute, Security Focus) to maintain a current understanding of Computer Network Defense (CND) threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
* Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system logs) to identify possible threats to network security.
* Leverages tools including Tanium, FireEye suite, GRR, Volatility, SIFT Workstation, MISP, and/or Bro as part of duties performing cyber incident response analysis.
* Track and document CND hunts and incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
* Identify intrusion artifacts at the host and network level, have a strong understanding how discovered data can be used to enable CND hunts and incident mitigation within the enterprise.
* Perform forensically sound collection of host based images with ability to perform memory and disk forensics.
* Perform real-time enterprise CND hunt and incident handling (e.g. forensic collections, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks to support deployable Hunt and Incident Response Teams (IRTs).
* Write technical reports on incident findings (e.g. engagement reports) and provide CND guidance to appropriate constituencies.
* Monitor and analyze network alerts from sources within the enterprise to determine potential compromise.
* Utilizes data analytics tools including Splunk to make sense of machine data in performing responsibilities.
* Correlate multiple data sources to identify potential network exploitation and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
* Will be required to travel up to 30% of time, with durations up to two weeks.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for degree.
* Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Familiar with network analytics including PCAP analysis.
* Understanding of cyber forensics concepts including malware, hunt, etc.
* Understanding of how both Windows and Linux systems are compromised.
* Understanding of Network-based protocols.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Current active DHS SCI and EOD.
* Experience using Splunk for system data analytics and monitoring strongly preferred.
* Experience performing cyber forensics, malware analysis, cyber hunt, etc. strongly preferred.
* A professional certification such as GCFA, GNFA, GREM, or GCIH is highly desirable.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top