Sr. Principal Contract Administrator - TS Clearance Required (El Segundo, Palmdale or San Diego)
- El Segundo, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Job Description: Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts within the Strike Division. Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
At least 10 Years of government contracts management /administration experience with a Bachelors degree or 8 Years of contracts management/adminstration experience with a Masters degree.
Active Top Secret Security Clearance
Ability to travel to multiple company sites within Southern California when needed.
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex tasks. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Problem Solving Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Discretion/Latitude Most assignments are complex and performed independently without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Impact affects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources as well as problems with customer satisfaction.
- Liaison Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives. Acts as an advisor to senior management and customers.
Back to top