Sr. Principal Comms Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSenior Principal Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals on a development program at the Autonomous Systems Center of Excellence located in San Diego, CA. As a Sr. Principal Comms Engineer you will be responsible for design,integration, and test, of advanced airborne communications subsystems.
- Define allocated subsystem functional, performance, and interface requirements, intended use and operational environment.
- Define communication subsystem functional, performance, and interface, environmental and test/lab requirements, and potential suppliers.
- Support the allocation and flow down of the overall system operational, mission and functional requirements into communications subsystem requirements related to configuration end items (including associated services and tasks).
- Verify that the communications subsystem meets its performance requirements within cost and schedule objectives.
- Coordinating efforts of the supplier management team (SMT) with engineers, the subcontracts administrator, supplier quality assurance representatives, logistics engineers, the cost account manager, the scheduler, and the material planner.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9Years of STEM related experience; or7 Years with Masters;or 4 Years with PhD.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with in-scope SSBI.
- Advanced working knowledge of SATCOM, TCDL, Iridium, and UHF/VHF LOStechnical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Systems Engineering experience.
- Master's degree or PhD in STEM field.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across program level (management, engineers, and technical leads), and negotiate / integrate different viewpoints.
- Ability to work on self-initiated assignments.
- Ability to write in-depth technical reports and present to executive leadership.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top