Sr. Principal Avionics Systems Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Avionics Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at our Manned Aircraft Design COE in Melbourne, FL.
The Sr. Principal Avionics Systems Engineer is responsible for design, development, integration, and test of avionics systems for E-2/C-2 program.
- Provide engineering support for the integration of aircraft systems including integrated cockpit systems, automatic flight control systems, TCAS, TAWS, Weather Radar and other assorted avionics systems.
- Assist in the preparation and support the verification of aircraft avionics and Prime Mission Equipment installations and FAA certification documents.
- Provide support for the development of system safety documents. Requirements development and analysis and supporting trade studies.
- Manage suppliers, review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration, and support test execution.
- Informal and formal testing of subsystem requirements in lab, troubleshooting hardware in the lab.
- Supporting flight test activities and post flight data analysis, and resolution of flight test anomalies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of electronics engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of electronics engineering experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain a DOD Interim Secret level security clearance prior to start.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain additional Special Access Program (SAP) clearance.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- A current active in-scope DoD Secret or higher security clearance.
- Experience with RF and/or communication and navigation equipment systems.
- Experience with avionic CNI systems which includes Controls and Displays, Communications, Navigation, Surveillance, Data Links, and Cabin Management Systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and technical writing skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top