Sr. Principal Air Vehicle Configuration Design Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Sr. Principal Aeronautical Engineer to join our team of highly qualified, and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
In this role you will
- support the Configuration Design and Integration team through the development and design of multiple advanced air vehicles
- develop of conceptual/preliminary air vehicle designs, air vehicle integration, parametric modeling for Multi-Disciplinary Optimization, preliminary surface design, and loft.
- lead and mentor team members on design techniques and best practices related to air vehicle design, and be able to develop tasking and schedules in support of design activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace, Aeronautical, or Mechanical Engineering with 9 years of relevant experience in aircraft design, OR a Master of Science in Aerospace, Aeronautical, or Mechanical Engineering with 7 years of relevant experience in aircraft design, OR a PhD in Aerospace, Aeronautical, or Mechanical Engineering with 4 years of relevant experience in aircraft design.
- 8 years of experience in Configuration Design of advanced air vehicles
- 5 years of experience with NX, CATIA, or ProE
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years
- OR Dept of Energy L clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years
- Ability to obtain SAP Clearance
- Master's Degree in Aerospace / Aeronautical / Mechanical engineering
- 10 years of experience in configuration design of advanced vehicles
- 10 years of experience with NX
- 5 years' experience with design of Low Observable air vehicles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top