Sr. Principal Aerodynamic Design/Performance Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Senior Principal Aerodynamic Design/Performance Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Perform Aerodynamic analysis, design and flight test support for the E-2D development and production programs.
- Conduct detailed aircraft aerodynamic performance analysis.
- Perform aircraft design using aircraft sizing tools and developing design space.
- Provide documentation of analysis rand flight test results, generate and approve technical reports and CDRLs.
- Support flight test instrumentation. Reduce, review, analyze and correlate aerodynamic data acquired during flight tests and wind tunnel tests.
- K nowledge and experience with MATLAB required, prior experience with CFD a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university and at least 9 years of aerodynamic design and analysis experience.
- Must be proficient in MATLAB and have experience in wind tunnel test, test data analysis, simulation analysis, and flight demonstration& validation tests required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- FORTRAN and CFD experience a plus.
- Aerodynamic analysis & design experience in the unique environment of naval aircraft design.
- Prior experience with turboprop aircraft and propeller theory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top