Sr. MicroStrategy Architect / Developer
Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Sr. MicroStrategy Architect / Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting a Federal Government customer in Washington, DC.
We are looking for someone who strives to be innovative, to explore, to test, defines ideas, enjoys tackling big problems, and comes up with elegant solutions to meet customer' needs and supports their missions. In this role, you will design, develop, debug/test, and deploy MicroStrategy reports that meet operational requirements, including scalability and maintainability. In order to be successful in this role, we expect that qualified candidates will have the following:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct technical support: creating adhoc reports, development, and testing.
- Provide functional MicroStrategy expertise to management and customers.
- Collaborate with customers to develop functional requirements, identify options for meeting those requirements, recommend a course of action and follow through implementing or overseeing all technical aspects.
- Assist with tuning the performance of the reports and dashboards.
- Assist in creating a 'user guide' to help end-users to know how to fully use the reports and dashboards.
- Academic background: 10 Years with Bachelors, 8 Years with Masters; preferred in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5 years of experience with MicroStrategy in designing and developing report solutions.
- 5 years of experience with Data Warehousing.
- Working experience with MicroStrategy Mobile, distributed services, and/or narrowcast services.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance; green card holder or US citizen
- Demonstrable ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Deep understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics, and formats.
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Data modeling experience.
- Ability to work with the database team on MicroStrategy Reporting Requirements at the data layer.
- Development experience with relational databases such as Teradata, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Experience using data warehouse or analytical tools for business purposes.
- Strong critical thinking, operations and systems analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Consultative approach and work ethic should be described by the following:
- Proactive, capable of making and meeting commitments, and the ability to execute brilliantly with an unwavering commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks/initiatives with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and assimilate information quickly.
- Committed to learning the customer's business in order to ensure that the work products developed supports their mission.
- Provide the customer with effective and efficient solutions, not merely stating problems.
- Strong organizational / communication skills.
- Experience with Agile, test-driven development, and continuous integration process.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top