SR Manufacturing Engineering Assist
Perform a wide variety of support activities for Manufacturing Engineering and Operations. Such activities will involve the ability to devise, develop, and execute utilization of various mechanical and optical measuring equipment for analyzing intricate parts, subassemblies, assemblies, fabrications, and tooling (laser tracker, laser projection, photogrammetry, and other measuring technologies). The technical tasks including analyses of drawings / CAD models and making advanced calculations when using equipment with allowance for adjustment of tooling as a touch activity on products / projects, while at times getting assistance from the Manufacturing Engineers and Mission Assurance as necessary.
WORKING PROCEDURE AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSIGNED:
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE OF PAY FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
In addition to the duties of a Technical Assistant to Manufacturing Engineering, perform the following: (requires increased technical knowledge and understanding of optical measurement equipment, CAD/CAM and data analysis software, and touch activities involving mechanical adjustment of equipment / tooling as necessary).
- Support Manufacturing Engineers and Operations on production parts and/or projects
- Be a subject matter expert in the utilization of optical measurement equipment (laser tracker, laser projection, photogrammetry, theodolite, and other similar technology).
- Maintain complete familiarity in setting up optical measurement equipment (new or refurbished equipment) to obtain maximum effectiveness of equipment and techniques at a high technical level. Be able to program measurement systems, and utilize the various functionality of the equipment.
- Develop, revise, and maintain CAM software and mathematical formulae required when using laser tracker or like equipment, to verify the geometric values of various parts; fabrications, subassemblies, assemblies and tooling to established specifications and standards and make adjustments of tooling as necessary.
- Understand and be able to utilize CAD models / drawings as necessary to obtain information to Support Projects
- Instruct, train and advise others in the use of optical measurement equipment (ex. Laser tracking) and methodologies.
- Perform and maintain equipment, perform checks and troubleshooting of laser tracker or like equipment. Coordinate in-plant equipment service / repairs with service contracted vendors when required (new equipment or significant equipment repairs as deemed necessary)
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs to write reports, share data, and provide information as necessary
- Proficient at exporting data to / from the equipment to Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word. Use Excel as required to manipulate the data to develop reports, charts, and other technical information that can be shared with others as required
- Forklift and/or Stacker operations
- Crane operations.
- Perform work of equal or lower code level as required.
- High school graduate
- Must have demonstrated initiative, independent discretion and sound judgement in carrying out assignments and be thoroughly familiar with the division's products, manufacturing methods and procedures and the geometric tolerancing and dimensioning system
- Ability to pass skills evaluation test
- Ability to develop, revise and maintain CAM software and mathematical formulae required when using laser tracker or like equipment to very geometric values of various parts
- Ability to be able to utilize CAD models/drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs to write reports, share data and provide information as necessary
* Courses in Engineering Drawing, Metrology and Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry through Trigonometry or the equivalent
* 6 or more years of experience in manufacturing and inspection
* Capable of reading blue prints. GD&T experience
* Be a subject matter expert in utilization of measurement equipment (laser tracker, laser projection, CMM, and other similar equipment)
SNYVLCA & MANUMS
Landing Page: http://www.northropgrumman.com/Jobs/MANUMS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top