Sr Manager, Operations
- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Manager of Operations to provide leadership to our Nozzle Value Stream team at our Promontory, Utah plant.
The Sr. Manager of Operations will use long range planning methods, tools and facilities in the execution to meet multiple Customer requirements. The successful candidate will work with a group of talented Technical and Operational Team Supervisors in coordinating the day to day activities of Operations Employees, in processing and assembling precision steel forgings and composite/rubber phenolic materials to exacting engineered requirements. The process includes, machining of Aerospace flight and manned flight components, strategic DOD components, critical process tooling, and composite winding and tape wrapping of phenolic materials as well as rubber formulations.
• Demonstrated track record for developing and maintaining a strong Safety record both personally and as a leader. This criteria is the top priority/requirement for this position
• Creates and sustains a culture of respect and employee engagement
• Accountable for short and long range planning for a broad array of requirements, to include cost
• Efficiently assigns machinist and operators resources to meet both Customer and Business needs
• Creates and maintains a cross functional and agile team of machinists and operators.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a collaborative environment for the benefit of its employees and the corporation
• Knows how to implement and effectively execute lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies to foster and drive a culture of continuous improvement, with demonstrated year over year Key Performance Indicator (KPI) improvements
• Candidate must have a minimum of 6 years of operations experience
• Complementary Safety record both personally and demonstrated as a leader
• Documented history of leading teams in continuous improvement initiatives in the key areas of Safety, Quality and Efficiency
• Demonstrated team leadership skills and ability to collaborate with others for making improvements that ensures on time delivery of quality products
• Management experience with multiple and diverse customers including NASA, DOD, and Commercial perspectives
• Lean Manufacturing experience that includes demonstrated team development and execution of demonstrated improvements utilizing employees and support groups
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong safety knowledge and demonstrated compliance and improvement
• Strong leadership/people skills
• Strong Skills in continuous improvement methods
• Strong Skills in Influence methods
• Strong skills in both short and long term planning methods.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Presentation skills and ability to clearly communicate initiatives, plans and expectations
• Strong skills in visual management
• A general understanding of Rocket Motor Manufacturing / Machining processes.
• Computer skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
BS degree in Business, Engineering, or other related field required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top