Sr. Manager Business Development 3 (Space/Satellite Systems)
The Northrop Grumman Space Systems is where Technology and Teamwork come together to meet the unique needs of our Civilian Agency, Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and Commercial customers. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.
Our team builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Group is seeking a Sr. Manager 3 Business Development to lead business development for a portfolio of programs in the NSS business area. The ideal candidate will provide direction on the sustainment and organic growth of existing business development targets/programs as well as developing and leading the future business capture strategy in the DoD, Intelligence Community, and adjacent markets.
This position is located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities may include:
• Task order distribution and workflow, proposals associated with small to large, cross Division and Sector re-competes.
• The selected candidate will be responsible for translating customer needs into specific requirements, identifying/tailoring company services and solutions into offerings, and managing captures to effectively market the operating unit's products and capabilities to meet those needs.
• The successful self-motivated candidate must be execution oriented in his/her approach toward business development, and must be capable of broad, strategic thinking with respect to emerging customer needs, competitive positioning, requisite capabilities, and the tactical moves necessary to enable the company to capture opportunity in the market.
• Will be responsible for oversight on all aspects of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) that includes steps to develop and execute growth strategies, identify new business opportunities, establish pursuit priorities, gain and grow customer intimacy, and develop successful capture plans.
• Assist capture/proposal managers with task order proposals and execution and participating in key task order capture pursuits.
• Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of general experience and functional management experience, or Master's degree and 13 years of experience.
• Must have U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI level clearance.
• A proven track record of business development success across the phases of the Business Acquisition Process.
• Thorough knowledge of government procurement and business development processes: identification, qualification, capture and bid activities.
• Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills to ensure community relationship and trust building.
• Experience with market assessments, analysis of competitors and potential partners, and strategy development.
• Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals, issue identification, risk mitigation, and ensuring post-win customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communications skills and ability to use all modern IT tools for customer relationship management, briefing/white paper preparation and delivery, proposal development, and developing/delivering executive level briefings.
• Active or Current Top Secret/SSBI clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Experience with space systems to include design, manufacturing, hardware, mission operations and integration.
• Master's degree
• Knowledge of Northrop Grumman internal processes, procedures, and organization.
• Experience with International Business Development.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top