Sr Java Developer 4 - TS/SCI w Poly required
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented self-motivated Software Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Dulles, VA.
The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principals and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions that results in compelling easy to use products in support of mission critical systems.
• Conducts independent, multidisciplinary research and collaborates with designers and/or engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems
• Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
• Work and participate in a Scrum team utilizing agile methodology best practices to deliver high quality products.
• Help define and ensures software code quality and standards are met.
This position is located in Dulles, VA
• Candidate must have an Active Top Secret SCI with Poly clearance
• Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of application system development experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, or a PhD and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
• A strong background in Java/J2EE and foundational knowledge of object-oriented design and software patterns.
• Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new options
• Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), Agile Software Development, and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
• Experience developing and maintaining full stack web applications is preferred.
• Experience developing and maintaining Web Service Protocols, REST API's, and JSON is preferred.
• Experience developing and maintaining web applications while addressing accessibility concerns is preferred.
• Experience with Git version control system is preferred.
• Experience with JUnit, Selenium or other testing tools is preferred
• Experience enhancing software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency
• Experience managing a team of software engineers is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top