Sr. Airworthiness Engineer 4 - Manned Aircraft
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Melbourne, FL has an immediate opening for a Senior Airworthiness Engineer 4 to work on an exciting new program.
- The selected candidate will perform technical airworthiness planning and verification support including development and negotiation of airworthiness plans, basis of certifications, means of compliance, and certification activities for complex total systems with NGAS IPT/REs as well as customer counterparts in support of Northrop Grumman Corporation's Military Aircraft Systems (MAS) AP-12.
- Reviews and coordinates with other airworthiness engineers, and with other engineering disciplines, airworthiness artifacts from all levels of total system to include: design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Ensures the logical and systematic realization of customer airworthiness objectives are turned into system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. Flight releases, Type Certification, continued airworthiness, and operation or airspace integration)
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline along with 9 years of aircraft engineering experience, or Master's degree in a STEM discipline along with 7 years of aircraft engineering experience, or a PhD along with 4 years of aircraft engineering experience
- Active Department of Defense Secret Clearance or higher
- Experience with aircraft development or modifications
- Experience one or more of the following MIL-STDs: 1797, 810, 1530, 3013, 882E, 1796
- Experience generating artifacts and/or compliance reports as part of aircraft certification or airworthiness.
- Bachelors or Masters in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering with work experience on manned aircraft systems
- DoD Airworthiness Experience
- Military aircraft development or modification experience
- Design and Systems Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Flight Technology, Crew Systems, Mission Payload Integration, Flight Test
- Familiarity of MIL-HDBK-516B Expanded and -516C
- USAF Airworthiness Policy Directives, Instructions, and Airworthiness Bulletins (AWB)
- System Safety Risk Assessments (SSRA), program risks and hazard analyses
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top