SQL Database Administrator 3
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Server Services SQL Database Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in supporting the VITA program in the Richmond, Virginia metro area.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidate will resolve SQL Server incident tickets within defined SLA's, identify any problematic databases and work with peers to develop a plan to remediate issues, maintain system documentation, monitor database performance, install system wide software, and work with project management to execute new projects. Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems. Monitor and track trouble tickets and change requests to ensure high quality customer service. Ensure database servers meet NG/VITA standards utilizing automated support tools.
The successful candidate will spend 8-12 weeks cross training on a Monday-Friday schedule. Following successful completion of cross training, the position will move to a permanent Thursday-Sunday 4x10, on-site beginning at 7:00 a.m. schedule.
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) with 6 years of directly related work experience; or an additional 10 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree
- Minimum of six years of database administration
- Experience with troubleshooting a Windows Server operating system
- Experience with basic troubleshooting a Linux or UNIX server
- Experience within virtualized environments
- Proven leadership skills in a complex customer-driven environment
- Self-motivated and directed with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent problem solving and scripting skills (PowerShell and VB).
- Candidates are required to participate in on call duty
- Candidates must be willing and able to work the 4x10 Thursday-Sunday schedule.
- One or more industry recognized IT certifications (Microsoft or Red Hat)
- Understanding of ITIL practices is preferred.
- Understanding of IT service delivery
- Working knowledge of database disaster recovery
- Working knowledge of database performance tuning
- Working knowledge of database backup & storage technologies
- Working knowledge of database disaster security and encryption
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches technologies
- Working knowledge of Windows Terminal Server
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Reporting Services
- Working knowledge of Analysis Services
- Working knowledge of SQL Clustering Services
If applicable, must be able to pass fingerprint background check, and obtain and maintain security access for supported Commonwealth Agencies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top