Spring 2017 Software Engineering Internship Opportunities - San Diego
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman – Mission Systems Sector.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers for internship opportunities. These positions will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in San Diego, CA
Applying to this Software Engineering Internship requisition will place you in a pool of candidates being considered for current and future technical opportunities that leverage your software and information systems skillset. In particular, you will receive visibility to the college recruiters and hiring managers supporting our Communications Business Unit in San Diego, CA
Our software engineering related opportunities involve full life-cycle product development on architectures ranging from distributed networks of workstations and PCs to custom-designed, real-time embedded systems. Applications include real-time control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, signal processing, networks communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverse engineering, artificial intelligence, database management and GUI development.
Technologies utilized include Object Oriented Design/Programming, SOA Architectures, C/C , C#, .NET, Java, Embedded Real-time Development, Web Technologies, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks and Mercury Operating Systems, as well as scripting languages including Perl, Ruby, Python and/or SHELL.
Wondering what you would be doing as a Software Engineering intern at Northrop Grumman? You could find yourself supporting teams of Embedded Software Developers, Systems Administrators, Database Analysts, Applications Developers, Software Developers, Test & Evaluation Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers or Product Development Engineers.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Cyber Security, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2017
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Object Oriented Design/Programming, SOA Architectures, C/C , C#, .NET, Java
- Embedded Real-time Development, Web Technologies, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks and Mercury Operating Systems, as well as scripting languages including Perl, Ruby, Python and/or SHELL
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top