Northrop Grumman is seeking multiple motivated professionals to join our Team as a Technical Writer to support the Defense Security Service (DSS) Program Management Office (PMO). This position is located in Quantico, VA.
A Technical Writer will prepare specifications from engineering change notices, customer specifications, and/or published data sheets. Maintains customer specifications files; reviews customer drawings and data; translates customer language into standard procedures and product flow.
- Responsible for developing, drafting, writing and editing technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, software requirement specifications, system design documents, security plans, process flows, CM, or other related technical documents in support of a client's requirements.
- Prepare and/or maintain systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods, including user reference manuals.
- Collaborate with other contractors and government personnel assigned to the project.
- Produce stoplight chart and other reports to grade the maturity of the existing program documents
- Support Gap Assessment/ Needs Assessment to estimate what is necessary to meet the agreed upon documentation processes, templates, requirements, acceptance criteria, and ongoing maintenance / QA.
- Exercises quality control over documents intended for external distribution.
- High School degree and 4 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 0 years of experience
- Knowledge of technical documentation including but not limited to; Concept of Operations documents; Change Management Documentation; Software & Hardware inventories; Job Aids/Runbooks; system user guides and process flow charts, configuration manuals etc.
- Attention to detail when writing and editing to ensure appropriate grammar and format.
- Strong ability to produce policies and procedures based on engineers details
- Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools
- Active/current DOD Secret Clearance (or higher)
- ITIL v3 certification
- Previous experience providing on-site consulting support for a technical project, preferably with a DoD enterprise IT environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top