Specialty Engineering Manager 3 (Palmdale, CA)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is youkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Specialty Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers from the following engineering disciplines: Airworthiness, System Safety, HSI/Human Factors, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects, Mass Properties, and Cyber Security.
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate with senior management, peers, and employees.
- Will be responsible for, but not limited to: ensuring that the disciplines meet cost, schedule and technical requirements
- Oversight of the technical responsibility within the disciplines
- Balancing of resources among programs
- Resolving critical/urgent program/technical issues
- Coordinating cost estimates in response program Requests for Estimates
- Ensuring establishment and sustainment of a strong working relationship with customer technical counterparts.
- Work directly with Functional Homeroom Management in goal planning and performance evaluations, as well as supporting the professional development of the individuals on the Specialty Engineering team.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo .
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 Years of experience with Bachelors in Science or 5 Years of experience with Masters or 0 Years with PhD
- Experience in at least two engineering disciplines: Airworthiness, System Safety, HSI/Human Factors, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects, Mass Properties, or Cyber Security.
- Excellent communication, mentoring, and interpersonal skills, as well as proven leadership and management skills.
- Current and active Secret clearance with Periodic Review or investigation within the last 6 years.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance and Program Access.
- Masters Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university.
- Experience with Airworthiness, System Safety, HSI/Human Factors, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects, Mass Properties, and Cyber Security.
- Previous Management experience.
- Current and active DoD Top Secret clearance and a background investigation within the scope of six years. Currently possesses program access.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top