Spacecraft Thermal Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Thermal Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Space Park location.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing thermal analysis on space-based hardware using industry standard thermal analysis software/tools
- Must possess an understanding of the basic principles of radiation and conduction heat transfer in conjunction with environmental heating effects and parameters associated with spaceflight applications
- Responsibilities include development of active and passive thermal designs using numerical solutions and hand calculations, preparation of technical documents and PowerPoint presentations, establishing test parameters for thermal testing, test monitoring and correlation of test results to model predictions
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 5 years of engineering experience OR
- MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 3 years of engineering experience
- Must have an active, in scope, SSBI/SCI clearance
- Design, analysis and integration experience of spacecraft thermal systems
- Experience using thermal analysis tools (SINDA/G, SINDA/FLUENT, TSS, Thermal Desktop, Flotherm)
- Experience using aerospace standard design tools (NX, CATIA)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top