Spacecraft Operations Technician 2/3
- Colorado Springs, CO
Test and perform and on-console activities involving satellite operations during launch and early orbit support or long-term operations. Plan, set up and configure ground communication support. Develop validate and execute pass plan. Monitor and review telemetry. Advises leads and/or management of failures and degradation. Advise leads or management of predefined recovery procedures. • Establish voice, messaging, and data communications for multiple- satellite programs of varying priorities and classifications.
• Configurations and monitoring of displays for computer and network equipment during normal mission operations.
• Troubleshoot end-to-end communication issues.
• Multi-program coordination and scheduling using COTS software tools.
• Determination of any anomalous conditions and providing corrective actions as required.
• Generation of downtime reports and other associated documentation for operational outages.
• Support to various operations status, engineering review and problem boards.
• Identification of areas of concern, issues, inefficiencies, and other non-value added activities, as well as proven recommended solutions.
• (Level 2) High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years; associate's degree and 1 year of experience; or additional education and/or related experience in direct flight operations, ground control operations, or ground processing operations. (Level 3) High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years; associate's degree and 2 years of experience; or additional education and/or related experience in direct flight operations, ground control operations, or ground processing operations.
• Experience conducting satellite operations with the Air Force Satellite Control Network in a real-time operations environment.
• Experience monitoring the activities of satellites.
• Familiarity with satellite ground systems, including hardware, software, and communications architecture.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts and techniques.
• Familiar with UNIX and Windows-based computer systems.
• Willingness and ability to work multiple shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as well as overtime.
• Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results.
• Able to distinguish the difference between colors on a computer monitor. (specifically red, blue, and green).
• Active TS/SCI (access) security clearance.
Bachelor's Degree within a technical degree in a related discipline with 0 years of experience and/or other
• Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interface effectively with users, customers, management and engineering personnel.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Be comfortable using intercom systems, in addition to phone systems, as a frequent medium for communications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top