Space Systems Requirements Manager
- United States
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for an experienced Requirements Manager to join our Baltimore, MD Space Systems team. This position will support both concept and product development to deliver key solutions within the Northrop Grumman Corporation Space Systems Sector, Payload and Ground Systems Division and will report to the Eastern Region SEIT department.
The position will be responsible for leading general systems engineering tasks and/or teams for space subsystems, payloads and/or vehicles. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Help architect the requirements management process for multiple programs.
- Develop and execute solutions for requirements database management and maintenance across multiple related baselines.
- Define system level requirements and establish traceability to customer/contractor documents.
- Derive and allocate requirements to subsystems (performing or coordinating analyses as required) to support hardware, software and interface specifications.
- Plan and coordinate requirement verification activities; including developing Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTMs) and Verification Description Documents (VDDs).
- Execute applicable Systems Engineering homeroom processes including metrics reporting.
Successful candidates should have a high degree of intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new ideas and concepts across the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) curriculum with 5 years relevant experience (3 years experience with Master of Science Degree, 0 years experience with PhD). Candidates with an additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered for a Sr. Principal position.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements development/management using DOORS or similar tool.
- Active Top Secret or SCI clearance.
- Space Systems Engineering development and analysis from Concept and Technology Demonstration Phase through Integration, Test and Verification.
- Experience with EO/IR sensor technology.
- Experience with RF sensor technology.
- Experience with space ground stations.
- Experience with space payload and vehicle architecture.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph within 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top