Space Systems Engineer, Staff
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
The Space Systems Engineering and Integration Organization in SSSD has several openings for a Space Systems Engineer, Staff to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo in Southern California.
Multiple roles are available throughout the product development life-cycle of our programs with emphasis in one of the following disciplines:
- Space Vehicle and Bus Architectures
- Design Integration
- Mass Properties
- Alignments/ Sensor Analysis/ Sensor Accommodations
- Payload Accommodation and Integration
- Fault Management
- Testbeds/Vehicle Simulators
- Launch Systems Integration
- Requirements and Verification
- Specification Development
- Interface Definition
- Functional Analysis
- Configuration Data Management
- Related Processes and Tools Development
Available positions require that the candidate have a strong understanding of one or more of the skills described. Project roles span all phases from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & - Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 14+ years of engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 12+ years of engineering experience OR
- PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 9+ years of engineering experience
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept. of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years OR
- Dept. of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years OR
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on aircraft or spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model based system engineering
- Experience in subsystem, payload, or system integration
- Experience using DOORS, Cameo
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills (upward and downward)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top