Space Systems Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for an experiencedSpace Engineer for our Baltimore, MD team. This position willsupport product development to deliver key solutions within the Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector Space ISR Systems Division and will report to the Mission Solutions- Space Department.
Responsibilities of the position will include general systems engineering tasks including but not limited to technical planning, requirements derivation, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, cost and risk analysis, interface definition, system design, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Successful candidates should have a high degree of intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new ideas and concepts across the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) curriculum with9 years relevant experience (7 years with Master of Science Degree; 4 years with a PhD).
- Experience intwo or more of the following system engineering knowledge areas: technical planning, requirements derivation, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, cost and risk analysis, interface definition, system design, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Must have active Top Secret clearance.
- Space Systems Engineering development and analysis from Concept and Technology Demonstration Phase through Integration, Test and Verification.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Supporting requirement decomposition and documentation in DOORS database,
- Developing system state transitions diagrams, mission use cases, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, mission threads, and /or network node diagrams,
- Experience with system architecture development and trade studies, fault management design, reliability engineering, algorithm development, signal processing, system performance modeling in MATLAB environment, system modeling in Artisan, configuration management using ClearCase, ClearQuest, KPP and TPM identification and tracking; risk management, and/or mitigation planning and execution.
- Familiarity with internal and external interface definition and verification, verification and validation test planning and execution, and/ or spares planning.
- Conducting test readiness reviews, FCA/PCA preparation, verification execution and reporting, telemetry validation
- Supporting initial operations test planning and execution.
- Active SCI clearance is preferred
Back to top