Space Systems Cloud Software Architect - Staff SW Engineer
- Fairfax, VA
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS) is seeking an experienced Cloud Software Architect to support our space programs. The candidate will be a member of the Engineering-Eastern Region homeroom. Our Engineering team provides the skills and innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain program and product lines across the space and ground systems domain while delivering a decisive advantage to our customer's missions.
This position can be located in:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Convert program requirements into a cloud architecture addressing development in the commercial AWS cloud and deployment in program's classified cloud environment.
- Plan and perform short-term performance and cost-saving remedies on legacy cloud environments and define short-term and long-term roadmap for all cloud environments that incorporates AWS best practices and well-architected strategies.
- Maintain existing cloud environments (both in C2S and in the AWS unclassified environment) and move the cloud maturity of the program forward in those environments.
- Work with development team to implement and manage CI/CD processes and methodologies using AWS services and proven open-source tools, as well as maintaining deployed systems in all environments.
- Work continually with Information Assurance to address maturity with respect to information and system security. Understand existing and emerging security frameworks and the intricacies inherent in compliance with them.
- Work with internal and external cross-functional teams on a daily basis.
- Present weekly status to customer and brief cloud solutions to customer as needed.
- Active TS/SCI FSP clearance based on current SSBI (within 5 years)
- 14 years of experience with a Bachelors; 12 years with a Masters; and 9 years with a PhD, or 18 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect Pro or Associate, or equivalent from a Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP)
- Proven experience in the following:
- Working in Cloud environment
- Outlining strategic growth plans and the implementation of new and modern technology solutions.
- Virtualized environments (including architecture, creation, deployment and management of software running within virtualized environment).
- Basic programming/scripting languages such as, Python, and/or PowerShell/bash scripting.
- CI/CD processes
- Proven software-systems engineer/architect with excellent analytical and research skills with an ability to develop program roadmap with emerging technology and communicate recommendations that can benefit the customer mission
- Experience technical lead with proven skills to include planning of and monitoring team tasks
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing, testing, validating, and maintaining solutions in the AWS Cloud Platform
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware
- Experience working with Security team on Risk Management Framework for cloud implementation of cybersecurity including Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), eMass, Splunk, and security milestones before and after ATO
Maximum Salary: $222,768
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top