Space Systems Business Development Manager 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS), Military and Civil Systems Business Area, is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead and win new business Space Missile Warning pursuits and help keep critical programs sold. This position will be located in Azusa, CA and Redondo Beach, CA, and will require up to 25% of travel.
In this position, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Understand US Air Force, Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), AF Space Command, US Strategic Command, Missile Defense Agency, and Combatant Command customer organizations, budgets, and near and long term opportunities.
- The selected individual will be responsible to support account growth, new business development, and customer relationship management across all accounts.
- Be a liaison point of contact with key customers within assigned market segment
- Perform ongoing assessments of customer requirements, new business strategy development and execution, opportunity identification and shaping, threat identification and mitigation, mission area business analysis, supports Business Acquisition Process (BAP), Position-to-Win (PTW) execution, competitive environment, determine market trends, and develop strategies that align the customer's needs/opportunities with Northrop Grumman's capabilities and discriminator
- Cultivates Space Systems requirements, acquisition and user customer base including DoD, R&T, and other Space customers
- Collaborates with NGC Government Relations on customer engagement strategies and execution
- Develops and executes business development plans to influence all aspects of new business capture and protect
- Provides the division with customer information, planning, analysis, and strategy on each new business pursuit as an integrated presentation for sector management bid/no bid decisions and for the long-range strategic plan
- Provides analysis of future customer requirement
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of Business Development and/or Program Management experience within the Aerospace Industry.
- Experience and adeptness in leading and interacting with business executives and technical professionals of various levels.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance must be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain SCI program Access [Requires a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)].
- Advanced Degree is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically; motivate/energize a team and ability to develop and implement creative strategies to win new business
- Knowledge and operational experience with Space systems
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense acquisition process
- Active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Military experience related to Space Systems
- Experience leading and managing dispersed teams
- Experience in program planning, strategy, budget development and execution; contracting, risk management, and the implementation of project processes and controls
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top