Space Mission Performance Analyst 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As aperformance analyst, the candidate would be responsible for trending and understanding on-orbit mission and calibration data, maintaining empirical models of sensor performance, analysis tools, and methods.The rolewill requireinvestigating issues as they arise and working with hardware specialists and operations personnel, as necessary, to determine appropriate solutions to detected or observed problems. Candidate would perform sensor simulation and calibration, with the intent that they can be the focal point for this area.This is a great opportunity to learn from senior System Engineers working performance and state-of-health analysis on the SBIRS payloads. Candidateshould havea background in engineering (aerospace, mechanical, or electrical), remote sensing, astronomy, physics,data analysis, modeling, electro-optical sensor simulation or calibration.Must alsobeproficient with MATLAB (or similar environment). Experience with any of UNIX, C++, Perl, STK and web programming is a plus.
- Bachelor's in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 5 years in systems engineering and/or system analysis
- Proficiency with MATLAB (or similar environment)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Master's and/or PhD degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Experience in technical briefing to customers and upper management
- Experience with any of UNIX, C++, Perl, STK and web programming is a plus.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes and methods
- SBIRS program or similar space program related knowledge
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top