Sourcing & TA Operations Manager
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sourcing and Operations Manager. This position is responsible for both the management of talent acquisition operations and sourcing team.
- The sourcing team will focus on driving candidate generation strategies in partnership with the business units, TA managers and recruiters. The primary objective of the team will be to identify and qualify prospective candidates and build a robust talent pipeline for current and future positions to meet staffing needs. This is a great opportunity to be part of a start-up team focused on making an impact on the business while recruiting for smart and innovative talent.
- Manage and engage a team of recruiters to build effective sourcing, assessment, and pipeline development strategies
which include researching candidate profiles, development of company target lists, and identification of specialty
professional groups and associations
- Recruit passive candidates and possess the ability to profile talent, understand their motivation and gauge the chemistry
of candidates for fit
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship
management; conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrate ability to anticipate the organization talent
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company,
implement new processes and fine tune standard processes for candidate sourcing
- Articulate and present sourcing plans to senior leadership with deliverables, timelines and a formal process for
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specifications. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and
have an ideal candidate slate at the ready, within an appropriate and consistent timeline
- Ensure data integrity of the candidate management database Utilize Boolean search methodology, and other data mining
techniques to identify both resumes and candidate profiles
- Extensive data mining of various social media to identify candidate profiles
- Support Recruiting team throughout the recruiting process including conducting phone screens to pre-qualify qualified
candidates, and maintaining candidate contact.
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects, including budgets, for the IS sector Talent Acquisition (TA) organization.
- Responsible for providing a consistent TA dashboard to hold recruiters accountable to deliver on staffing needs, in partnership with the line organization
- Talent Acquisition responsibilities include: sector wide planning and operational performance addressing cost, schedule,efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates and implements enterprise policies, practices and processes across the sector relating to talent acquisition.
- Prepares and executes change management plans and techniques to ensure consistent candidate experiences and
customer satisfaction across all sector campuses.
- May be required to work with outside agencies and vendors, etc.
- Must be able to effectively interface at all levels of management across business lines, sectors and the Service Center Operations team
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience with at least 2 years of management or project management experience
- People management skills providing direction and leadership to staff and taking an active role in their development.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement significant change in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Success in driving talent acquisition sourcing, policies and procedures to increased hiring outcomes
- Must have a strong technological and process orientation with the goal of implementing or developing best practices into
the staffing function.
- Progressive experience including passive candidate generation and full life cycle recruiting
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite of tools, including pivot tables and reports.
- PHR/SPHR certification.
- Familiarity with Taleo, Peoplesoft, and CRM/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates
- Familiarity with MS Project and Visio
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new research and sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member
- Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring
managers, and the recruiting team
- Must have the desire to adopt new technology and the ability to maximize existing technology, Microsoft Office Suite
Back to top